popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time




A few things I like about ny new neighborhood


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So I've been living in Brooklyn for a month. Certainly, I miss some things about my brownstone apartment in Boston's South End, but not a lot, considering how welcoming the big city has been thus far. A lot going on, for sure. Not "the city that never sleeps" for nothing. And just think about some of the things going on outside my door...

Across the street, a joint that offers indoor bocce alongside a place that Dave Hill says serves the best fish-and-chips in the city.

A few blocks in one direction, they're getting ready to open Brooklyn's first Trader Joe's.

A few blocks in the other direction, a brilliant view of Manhattan from either the Promenade or the new free floating barge pool and beach (watch NBC Nightly News video covering the opening).

For a few days last week, the British Royal Navy was walking by my building to get drunk!

Plus, the mayor is temporarily hanging out, er, um, working, a few blocks away.

There are more reasons to love my new digs, but I'll get to those later.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly