popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



FAMILIAR FACES, FUNNY PLACES

When I finally got home early Sunday morning from the Dane Cook HBO special (don't worry, I've got more than enough coverage for you when the time is right, but for now, check out the fact that the Inside Track bold-faced my name for hanging with Dane, or read this half-hearted review in the Globe of the first show, which paled in comparison to the second show -- which had three -- THREE -- onstage interruptions), I still had to wind down from spending seven hours with the crew. So I flipped around the dial...

And there I saw my first familiar face. Nellie Coes, who graduated a year ahead of me from Westminster School, was making people laugh as part of Nick At Nite's Search for the Funniest Mom 2. Nellie got eliminated in the episode I watched, so I'm glad I managed to catch it in the middle of the night. Wonder how many people that makes who I went to high school or college with who are in the stand-up comedy world? At least three (the others are Matt Iseman and Bill Dawes).

Related: Matt Iseman on MySpace, Bill Dawes on MySpace

I also saw a Comcast ad on TV that starred Jeremy Brothers, who is a very funny leading guy with the Improv Asylum troupe.

Nice to see friends and acquaintances doing well.

In other news, once again, I've accurately predicted who got the boot on American Idol. It was Ace. I said Ace. Last week I said Bucky. Tune in to FOX 25 at about 5:45 p.m. on Wednesdays to see what I'm saying next week.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly