popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time




Actors as singers


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's no secret. "Rock stars want to be actors, and actors want to be rock stars." That's what John C. Reilly said when I asked him about why so many actors try, but fail to have successful music careers. Actually, Reilly's first reply was a zinger. He looked me in the eyes and shot back, "I don't know. Why is it so many writers try, but fail to be successful novelists?" That was earlier this spring, when Reilly, Kevin Kline and director Robert Altman accompanied THE Meryl Streep to Brookline for an appearance at the Coolidge Corner Theatre and a sneak preview of A Prairie Home Companion. I'll wait to post my review until Friday, when the film opens nationwide. But read more about my probing into the subject of actors singing on film in today's Boston Herald. Here's the link to the story.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly