popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



FULL COMEDY FRIDAY

Comedy fans had lots of options last night. They could've seen John Heffron, winner of the second season of Last Comic Standing, at the Comedy Connection. They could've seen the Walsh Brothers get ready for Aspen with a half-hour run-through at the Comedy Studio. Although you could still see them again tonight. I think I'll try to see how my Walsh boys are doing and wish them well for their trip next week.

Same goes for Jerry Seinfeld. He is at the Wang tonight for two more likely to be sold-out shows. Seinfeld really, for better or worse, has defined the art of observational humor for a generation of stand-up comedians. Which makes watching him now a bit odd, especially if you see a lot of stand-up comedy. This is how I put his Friday night performance into perspective.

Wonder how Wanda Sykes felt put up against Seinfeld. She only had one show, last night, at the Orpheum. Somehow, I think she'll be OK about it, seeing as she was so laid-back when I talked to her on the phone earlier in the week. Here are some tidbits from that chat.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly