popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



LAST WEEK, REVIEWED

Yes, blogging got away from me for a little while. Before we get to all of the other real-life and imagined dramas, here are some stories I wrote since last we met here...

Richard Lewis proved he can talk at length about almost anything, and I was disheartened to learn that I didn't have space to fit all of our hourlong conversation. By the end of our chat, I felt like I was his personal therapist. And that's not a bad thing.

I filled in last-minute for a colleague on Hasty Pudding duty, covering the Friday night Man of the Year roast for Richard Gere. The roast went far too long, and the "press conference" was far too annoying for its lack of insight, but I'll have more to say about that. Remind me if I don't.

I spent a night undercover with FBS (Fat Boy Security) and here is a window into their world. Nice guys. And yes, most of them are large and in charge.

Chris Brown may be the hottest 16-year-old singer in the nation right now, but get him on the phone, and he sounds just like any other teen having a conversation with his parents. Ugh.

American Idol might be the most popular TV show in America, but that doesn't mean all of its viewers know how to follow instructions.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly