popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



GASTINEAU GIRLS GONE WILD: We never get to see the celebreality shows we want to see because those celebrities -- Lindsay Lohan, Brad and Jen, even Britney and her Federdud -- already have all the attention they could ever want. So instead, we're left with the people who dearly crave our attention. We get Nick and Jessica, her sister Ashlee (who dared to say in a recent episode of her Ashlee Simpson Show that she hoped her SNL flub wouldn't doom her career because, and I'm quoting her, "I've worked so hard to get where I'm at." Indeed.) and a cavalcade of celebs on the comeback trail. What, then, to make of the Gastineau Girls? I viewed an advance copy DVD of the debut tonight on E! and shared my findings with readers in today's Boston Herald. Our advance copy didn't include audio, which as I suggest, might be a proper way to watch the show. Look for my "all in the family" lineage link from the Gastineau Girls to Brigitte Nielsen to Rocky and even the Gottis. Here is my lede...
E! Entertainment Television hypes its newest pseudo-celeb reality docudrama as "Gilmore Girls'' meets "Sex and the City.''
Don't get your hopes up.
The "Gastineau Girls'' arrives tonight (at 10 on E!) without the witty banter and sexual situations that marked the show's supposed predecessors, although mother and daughter Gastineau attempt to make up for that oversight with lots and lots of cleavage.
Continue reading my preview here.
Related: Gastineau Girls show site.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly