popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time




Hey, I only have 20 seconds left...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



No, not really. But remember this phrase the next time you're watching a TV chat show. This might not rise to the level of scandal as the CBS memo hoax, but still, it's worth noting that just about every TV chat includes the titular lie. You'll be watching an interview or debate when the anchor/moderator says, "Hey, I/we only have 20 seconds left" or something to that effect. OK. Now start the clock. How long does the anchor talk after saying that? Always longer than the time supposedly remaining in the segment/show. So what does this mean? I don't know. But it bugs me nevertheless.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly