popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time




Why isn't MTV2 showing music videos?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Good question. Actually, MTV was created to show music videos, but stopped doing that full-time back in the late 1980s. So MTV2 emerged as the new 24-7 place for videos to make up for the lack of music television on the station whose name means, er, um, music television. I waited several years for my cable provider to provide it, only to see MTV2 show up -- lo and behold -- without full-time music videos on its schedule. I'm not knocking such shows as Wildboyz, Beavis and Butt-Head ("I am Cornholio!"), Diary, Pimp My Ride and the like. Or maybe I am. What is Pimp My Ride doing on a channel advertised as 24-7 music videos? Or is there an MTV3 I don't know about? Ack! Viacom, why must you torment me so?



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly