popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time




Clone wars


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I knew moving back to the Boston area would make being me somehow more complicated. A few weeks ago, comedian Brian Kiley (make that, Emmy-winning writer Brian Kiley!) told me he was nervous about talking to me because he remembered "Sean McCarthy" as his childhood bully growing up in Newton. But then Kiley said he also remembered that that Sean McCarthy probably still doesn't know how to read or write.

In the past week, I've also had people refer me to this guy who fronts the band Helms, and this guy who writes freelance music articles in New Bedford. They're not me. But maybe I should get the second guy to review the first guy's music, then blog about it. Wouldn't that be fun? Maybe not.

Just another reason why I've always used my middle initial.

Related: Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel film critic. Read his 2002 interview with that other Roger Moore.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly