popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



GOOGLE NEWS LIKES CNN, CHENEY LIKES FOX

Go figure. I hit Google News just after 10 p.m. tonight, and the top story is a full transcript of Vice President Dick Cheney's first interview about shooting a guy on a hunting trip. The interview is with Brit Hume of Fox News. No surprise there. The transcript came up on CNN. How do you like them apples?

Comments from Cheney that jumped out for me (you may have your own favorites):

"We also had an ambulance at the ranch, because one always follows me around wherever I go." (Does that answer your concerns about Cheney's health? An ambulance always follows him around!)
"If it's accurate. And this is a complicated story." (No, not really. You shot a guy. It was an accident. See how simple that was?)
"I do think what I've experienced over the years here in Washington is as the media outlets have proliferated, speed has become sort of a driving force, lots of time at the expense of accuracy. And I wanted to make sure we got it as accurate as possible, and I think Katharine was an excellent choice. I don't know who you could get better as the basic source for the story than the witness who saw the whole thing." (Unless you count the guy who did the shooting...who was that again? Oh, right.)
"But it strikes me that the Corpus Christi Caller-Times is just as valid a news outlet as The New York Times is, especially for covering a major story in South Texas." (Again, notice how he considers this a major story only in South Texas, as if having a vice president shoot a guy isn't a big deal outside the county. Not that it wasn't a nice gesture to tip off the local paper, but that's no excuse for failing to fill in the White House press office on the details.)
"We were scheduled to go out again on Sunday and I said I'm not going to go on Sunday, I want to focus on Harry." (How sensitive.)



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly