popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



JUST LIKE HIGH SCHOOL, ONLY ALL GROWNS UP

I recently attended a mini-reunion/reception for my prep school at the MFA. No, I didn't go to school at the Museum of Fine Arts, or to the SMFA. Westminster School is located two hours from Boston, in fact, in a small happy Connecticut town called Simsbury. Alas, I knew it well. Which made it odd to see Martlets old and older out of their element and in mine. Not that I have an element (nor do I drive an Element). Enough with the digressions. In a couple of hours, I learned that a lot of famous people went to Westy after I graduated (including "The Bachelor" Firestone, NBC Surface's Lake Bell, the guy who won "I Want To Be A Soap Star" (or something like that), although I already suspected the first two to be true). Mr. Brooks told me that Fletcher now coaches at MIT and may live on the street that my ancestors called home for decades. Another guy who graduated a couple of years ago owns some Boston-area nightclubs/restaurants, which means I should be giving him more press. Others work for the state and the feds (both in the good upstanding types of government work, as opposed to the bureaucratic types) or in businesses that might do business with my business. All in all, I was reminded that high school wasn't nearly as traumatic as it seemed at the time. And that networking is always a good thing. And that I need to write my class notes. So what am I doing here?



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly