popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



SPEDERLINE MOVES IN AFTER I MOVE OUT: Or so it would seem. Two weeks into their retreat in Paradise Valley, Britney and her fetus daddy continue to wreak havoc across the Valley of the Sunbaked. After a full week of photos flew around the Internet (I usually saw them first on Trent's site), I wondered why the Arizona Republic didn't have much to say about it. Then I remembered. I used to work at the Republic. They're not exactly the swiftest bunch when it comes to pop culture. Not until I placed a call to one of the few, the proud, the remaining journalists there with gumption did I see any movement there in mainstream medialand. A full cycle later, this story appeared. Even then, though, they didn't bother to give any of the real juicy details. Such as: Why doesn't Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (I can vouch for the bar, the restaurant, the spa, but not the private villas, although my folks once stayed in one of the "regular" suites) have some sort of control over these paparazzies that photomagraphed Brit and Bit Bit and Federline and the bodyguards by the pool and their villa? Or does the pub work in the resort's favor? This is the place where Average Joe's average schmo had his final flame-out opportunity with Melana Scantlin, after all. Oh well. I'm sure there's some logic, considering the woman I talked to at the resort said that "we don't talk about our VIP guests until after they've left the resort." Eggsactly my point, my darlings. At any rate, it's odd to see photos of them walking around the glammed-up strip malls around Scottsdale, PV and Northeast Phoenix, acting like regular folk, when they're nowhere near regular, and I'm nowhere near them.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly