popular thinking

hopelessly devoted to deconstructing popular culture and conventional wisdom, one blog at a time





E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



BLOGGING, JOURNALISM & CREDIBILITY: Bloggers meet at Harvard, discuss their place in 21st century journalism. I've listened in to some of the discussion, thanks to a live audio webcast linked from this site (I'll have to return later when it's archived to catch what I've missed). Jeff Jarvis has his discussion topics already outlined on his blog. The Wall Street Journal graces us with a free online story today about the confab. The AP and Wired, meanwhile, examine the ethics of journalists and citizens moonlighting, as it were, in blogland. Most of the debate revolves around the one big question -- whether bloggers should follow the same rules as old-school journalists and be entitled to the same rights. A smaller question highlighted by the Wired piece examines the curious nature of old-school journos trying to adapt to new-school blogging. Can it be done? For my sake, I hope so.



Google search this blog

About me



Check me out!
Terror Warning Code Terror Alert Level 2004 World Series Champs

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

Your E-mail:

ATOM 0.3

popular thinking is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly